Jun 29, 2010

Great covers on Tuesday!

Posted by Kirsten at 6/29/2010 06:17:00 PM

So I’m going to start a few new things this week. The first is going to be books with interesting covers. Each Tuesday I’m going to post two or three books whose covers I find interesting. Every Thursday I’m going to post books that my friends recommend.

Here are the books for today.

*************************************************************

#1

Sweet Misfortune

by Kevin Alan Milne

This cover caught my attention from the beginning. I don’t know if it was the color of the cover, or the Chocolate dipped fortune cookie that caught my attention but I do know that once I started reading the many misfortunes on the front and back cover I was hooked. I laughed and laughed and I haven’t even read the book yet! I can’t wait to give this one a read. The misfmisfortuneortune on the front says:

“Some people are lucky in love. You aren’t one of them.”

Here is the cover as well as a brief synopsis form the Goodreads website. I’d do my own review, but I haven’t read it yet!

“Sophie owns a chocolate shop where she sells Misfortune Cookies-dipped in bitter chocolate they contain messages she handwrites each day such as "Your car seems fine now, but just wait...it will eventually be a source of frustration and unexpected delay."What starts as a gimmick, turns into a surprise hit with customers. But when her ex-fiancée moves back to their small Washington town, he is surprised at how bitter and unhappy Sophie has become. He proposes a bet--she must place an ad in the paper that simply states "Wanted: Happiness." If at least 100 people respond, proving happiness isn't a myth, she agrees to a date with him. If not, he'll leave her alone forever. Sophie is convinced she'll win, but fate has other ideas when a reporter at the paper is intrigued by the ad as a story and posts it in newspapers across the country.”

*************************************************************

#2

Eyes Like Stars

by Kevin Alan Milne

My choice for cover number two is a teen book. There is just something ethereal about this covers. Everything works together to make it an interesting cover. I’m the first to admit that I’m a huge fantasy nut so it wasn’t a huge leap that I liked this cover. Her blue hair, the fairies with their glowing wings and the font all work together with the muted background to provide a seemingly otherworld quality, which is good eyeslikestarsconsidering that the story takes place in the Théâtre Illuminata. Here’s a synopsis of the book from the Théâtre Illuminata website.

“Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the characters of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book--an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not one of them, but they are her family--and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

IT'S TIME TO LOVE YOUR LIBRARY! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare